The Scottish Men’s Sheds Association (SMSA) is today (16th June 2020) announcing a change to its annual Shed Membership scheme structure.
SMSA Shed Members currently renew their membership on the anniversary of the date that they joined however, SMSA has made the decision to shift its membership year to align with the financial year in order to better streamline the administration of the charity. With immediate effect, the subscription year will now run from the 1st April to 31st March.
How will this affect Shed membership?
- existing SMSA Shed Members will be invoiced annually with the next single renewal date being the 1st April 2021
- if you have a direct debit in place to renew your membership please notify your bank to reflect the date change (1st April)
- existing memberships paid after the 1st April 2020 can request a refund (due to Covid-19 and the closure of Sheds) if that helps with your cash flow. Contact SMSA’s Executive Officer, Jason Schroeder, (with ‘Covid-19 Refund’ in the subject line)
- new members (from today’s date) will reap the full benefits of membership and will pay their first annual subscription on the 1st April 2021
- from the next renewal date (1st April 2021), Shed membership will increase slightly from £20 to £25 per year – for the first time in five years – to cover the increased production and postage costs of the Shed Membership packs
SMSA Shed Member benefits – what does your Shed get?
Scottish Men’s Sheds can join the SMSA and receive an array of exclusive membership benefits including:
- discounts from insurance partner, Greenwood Moreland
- the cheapest electricity for Sheds through business partner, Citrus Energy Ltd
- a 5% discount from Axminster tools and machinery
- discounted health and safety training through David Young Training
- a pathway to apply to the Scottish Community Alliance Learning Exchange grant programme for accommodation/travel costs to visit and share ideas and learn from other Men’s Sheds across the country
- online access to the Australian Men’s Sheds Association’s Interactive Shed Manual – the quintessential guide for developing and operational Men’s Sheds