By applying, you agree to abide by the Scottish Men’s Sheds Association (SMSA) Constitutional Purposes:
The main purpose of the organisation is to ensure that all men in Scotland have access to opportunities for increased citizenship and community development through the Scottish Men’s Sheds Association which can positively impact on their health, wellbeing and education, by:
- Promoting, advancing and supporting an effective and sustainable Scottish Men’s Sheds Movement.
- Representing the interests of men, Shedders, Men’s Sheds and the Men’s Sheds movement to all stakeholders including men, their community, their sheds, business, the health profession and all levels of government.
- To provide a direct ‘grassroots’ community based service of information, guidance and support to communities, organisations and/or individuals seeking to develop a Men’s Shed within their community.
- To enable information sharing, communication and co-operation among Men’s Sheds in Scotland, through the provision of an interactive website and social media for Men’s Sheds and the wider community.
- To advance education among those taking part in Men’s Sheds and the wider public, through the provision of a service of community based presentations, workshops and seminars regarding good practice in advancing the education, health and wellbeing of men through community based Men’s Sheds.