Join SMSA as a Shed
PAYMENT – AFTER YOU CLICK SUBMIT, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE TAKEN TO THE PAYMENT PAGE WHERE YOU CAN PAY YOUR £25 FEE VIA CARD OR CHEQUE.
Click SUBMIT first, then please pay the annual SHED fee of £25 below
The main purpose of the organisation is to ensure that all men in Scotland have access to opportunities for increased citizenship and community development through the Scottish Men’s Sheds Association which can positively impact on their health, wellbeing and education, by:
- Promoting, advancing and supporting an effective and sustainable Scottish Men’s Sheds Movement.
- Representing the interests of men, Shedders, Men’s Sheds and the Men’s Sheds movement to all stakeholders including men, their community, their sheds, business, the health profession and all levels of government.
- To provide a direct ‘grassroots’ community based service of information, guidance and support to communities, organisations and/or individuals seeking to develop a Men’s Shed within their community.
- To enable information sharing, communication and co-operation among Men’s Sheds in Scotland, through the provision of an interactive website and social media for Men’s Sheds and the wider community.
- To advance education among those taking part in Men’s Sheds and the wider public, through the provision of a service of community based presentations, workshops and seminars regarding good practice in advancing the education, health and wellbeing of men through community based Men’s Sheds.
The Scottish Men’s Sheds Association (SMSA) Charity SC 045139 recognises a Men’s Shed as any community-based, non-profit, non-commercial organisation that is accessible to all men and whose primary activity is the provision of a safe, friendly and healing environment where men are able to socialise and work on meaningful projects at their own pace, in their own time, in the company of other men. A major objective is to advance the wellbeing and health of the membership. The Scottish Men’s Sheds Association advises that Men’s Sheds who are registered with SMSA maintain an open door policy and conduct themselves in a non-discriminating manor, have a membership, ensure and observe safe work practices, aim at improving the wellbeing of all men and support their community.
The information you have supplied will be used for the purpose(s) for which you have provided it. This data will be maintained in accordance with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 and will not be passed on or sold to any other organisation without your prior approval, unless there is a legal requirement to do so.
SMSA PRIVACY and COOKIES Policies: to read what we do with your personal and/or organisations information which we will receive once you have sent this online form for membership processing please click below to read. If you do not agree with our policy please do NOT send the form and send any enquiries to email@example.com. By sending this form you have agreed that you have read, understood and agreed with all our policies :