Make a direct donation to support our work. This is our preferred method of donation. Your donation comes directly to us, and makes a huge difference to the organisation.
Make a Donation
Become a guardian for future generations of Shedders by leaving a gift in your will to the Scottish Men’s Sheds Association. Start a conversation with us using the link below and find out below about the difference a gift in your will can make.
Donate by shopping
Use the links below to shop online, at no extra cost to yourself, and we could receive a donation from the retailers.
The Scottish Men’s Sheds Association (SMSA) is a registered Scottish charity (SC045139) with The Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) who is the independent regulator and registrar of Scottish charities.
All our trustees are volunteers and receive no remuneration for their time and efforts. They believe passionately about what the SMSA works to achieve for the people of Scotland.
Our small staff team of three passionate individuals work tirelessly to promote and support the growth of the grass roots movement across Scotland (SMSA Aims). From speaking to hundreds of individuals who need the support in how to start their own Men’s Shed, to creating the pathway and health and safety documentation specifically targeted for Scottish law to lobbying ministers re mens health and veterans. If you would like to donate in some way to help us continue to meet the huge growth demands with 175 Shed groups in Scotland within six years and growing weekly you can in various ways. (more info about us)
We look forward to hearing from you through receiving your donations or if you prefer a conversation please do contact us. All our contact details are available in that section of the website.
The Scottish Men’s Sheds Association Donor Charter.
The Scottish Men’s Sheds Association endorses the following Donor Charter:
- We will maintain the best standards when receiving donations.
- We will treat our donors with honesty and respect.
- You will be informed of the identity of those serving on our Board and they will ensure that your donations are used effectively for your intended purposes.
- We will provide out most recent financial statement when requested.
- All direct donors will receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- We will respect our donors’ right to privacy and confidentiality.
- To have the opportunity to have your name deleted from our donor mailing list.
- To be able to ask questions when making a donation and to receive a prompt and honest reply.
- You have the right to complain and the right to receive a satisfactory response.
- You will be informed whether those seeking donations are employees, volunteers or third party agents.
All donations will be:
- Used solely for the purposes of the Scottish Men’s Sheds Association’s mission and objectives.
- Acknowledged unless no acknowledgment is requested.
- Financial records will ensure accountability and submitted annually to OSCR.
- We will comply with the Data Protection Act.