What do we mean by ‘Professionals’? This section is to try and look through the lenses of organisations and explain what they see when they support Scottish Men’s Sheds and the Scottish Men’s Sheds Association. Organisations, statutory bodies, philanthropists and individuals support this because it aligns with their purpose and aims.
http://cersnow.com/?q=online-consultation-viagra For example,
- Various grant and award organisations like the Lotteries are there to help support local initiatives which improve their communities lives.
- The Scottish Government might see it helping them meet their national outcomes for a healthier, stronger and safer country. (http://www.gov.scot/About/Performance/scotPerforms/outcomes)
- Scottish councils who align to these national outcomes then support Men’s Sheds by including it into their community planning outcomes. (Shed premises – Community Asset Transfers / Community Empowerment.)
- Organisations like the Royal British Legion, Scotland (Legion Scotland) see the potential to build a network of combined Men’s Sheds and Legion Scotland clubs that are underpinned by comradeship and wellbeing, and the fostering of true community spirit regardless of someone’s background.
- Royal Voluntary Services see that their volunteers can support Shedders who have no transport to get to a Shed and improve all their lives.
- GP’s and health practitioners support it as they tell us there is nothing that suits certain male patients who are challenged by having ‘time on their hands’ for whatever reasons, to become engaged or re-engaged in a healthy way with their communities.