The Scottish Men’s Sheds Association (SMSA) is working in partnership with St Andrew’s First Aid to offer FREE Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) to ten Scottish Men’s Sheds on a first-come, first-served basis.
Sudden cardiac arrest strikes 7 million people a year worldwide with no warning and no pattern. There’s little time to react and even less time to think, this means an AED must be close at hand, easy-to-use and ready to shock.
St Andrew’s First Aid is Scotland’s dedicated first aid charity and leading first aid training provider and the Association is delighted to be teaming up to provide this life-saving kit to Sheds to not only protect Shedders but also the wider community.
The HeartSine Samaritan PAD 500P Fully Automatic Defibrillator (RRP: £1,557.60 inc. VAT)
- Ready to Shock: Small, portable and lightweight (2.4 lbs) and offers the highest level of protection against dust and water.
- Easy-to-Follow Instructions: Easy-to-understand visual and voice prompts guide the rescuer through the entire resuscitation process, including CPR—a key link in the chain of survival.
- Simple, two-button operation – an ON/OFF button and SHOCK.
- After analyzing heart rhythm, the unit will automatically deliver a shock (if needed), eliminating the need for the rescuer to push a shock button.
- Always Ready: A System Status Ready Indicator flashes to show that the complete system is operational and ready for use.
- Self-check: The device automatically runs a self-check each week.
- View full product info here
- The AED’s are being offered FREE OF CHARGE to ten Scottish Men’s Sheds however, as they are not new, they will require new pads/electrode batteries (which will last for four years) at a cost to each individual Shed of £117.60.
- St Andrews First Aid advise that these defibrillators are accessible to the public 24/7 outdoors and are placed in cabinets (available at a discounted cost of £540 inc.VAT for Sheds through St Andrew’s First Aid), however, if this is not possible, they are still happy to donate them to Scottish Sheds.
- Interested Sheds will pay a delivery charge for the equipment.
Register your interest
Please register your Men’s Shed’s interest by submitting your details online at the link below. Defibrillators will be issued to ten SMSA Shed members on a first-come, first-served basis.